How long is the oil pipeline?
The company owns and operates an approximately 896km pipeline network in the country. The pipeline length at various depots is as given:-
- Mombasa-Nairobi (Line-I) - 450 kms
- Nairobi – Eldoret (Line-II) - 325 kms
- Sinendet-Kisumu (Line-III) 121 kms
- PS 1, PS 12, PS 14 - SEA LEVEL
- PS 9 JKIA DEPOT - 1630 Metres
- PS 10 NAIROBI TERMINAL - 1630 Metres
- PS 25 NAKURU DEPOT - 1848 Metres
- PS 27 ELDORET DEPOT - 2309 Metres
- PS 28 KISUMU DEPOT - 1165 Metres
- PS 26A is the bifurcation point where the line branches to Kisumu and Eldoret.
- PS 26B is the transition point from 8" inch to 6" inch.
What is the size (diameter) of the pipeline?
The line diameter from Mombasa to Nairobi is 14 inch in diameter. The line from Nairobi (PS 21) to Sinendet (PS 26A) is 8 inch in diameter. The line from PS 26A to Kisumu (PS 28) is 6 inch. The line from 26 A is 8 inch up to 26B (burnt forest) is reduced to 6 inch in diameter up to Eldoret.The pipeline is made of ERW 5LX54 steel pipe with thickness telescoping from 0.281" inch to 0.250" between stations.
- Next >>