• Contractor: Zakhem International Construction Limited
• Project Cost: Kshs 48.4 billion.
• 20-inch pipeline with 4 new pump stations in Changamwe, Maungu, Mtito Andei and Sultan Hamud and two booster pumps in Kipevu.Key Facts
• An installed flow rate of 1 million litres per hour upon commissioning;
1.9 million litres per hour in phase two by 2023 and 2.6 million litres per hour in phase three by 2044.
• New fire-fighting systems installed in new stations together with energy efficient equipment, and pipeline monitoring technology.
• Security of fuel supply for Kenya and the export market of Uganda,Rwanda, Burundi, Northern Tanzania, South Sudan and Eastern Democratic Republic of Congo.
• Enhanced safety and protection of the environment since transportation of fuel via a pipeline is the safest , fastest and most environmentally friendly.
• Hundreds of trucks will be removed from our roads at maximum utilization saving the government billions of shillings that is spent annually on road maintenance.
• Enhanced pipeline devolution plan into the counties by increasing product availability in Nairobi.